I have good news! If you weren’t able to make our poetry reading the weekend before last, you don’t have to miss out. There is a video of the reading available to watch on Youtube!
I hadn’t originally planned on recording the reading but I learned after it was completed that because the reading was held both on zoom and facebook live, facebook automatically saved a recording (of the speakers on screen only). So now you can watch the reading whenever you want, at your own pace! I’ve cut down all the awkward transitions that are inevitable in live streams so you get the curated version.
I talk about writing, I talk about DID, I talk about disability, and argentine tango. It’s all in there!
What’s included in the video?
- Live readings of poems from my new book “Pet: the Journey from Abuse to Recovery”
- Stories behind the inspiration and creation of these poems
- Personal insights on the way the meaning of these poems have changed with time
- Readings of other poems not included in the book and their backstories
- Music that inspired poetry and poetry that inspired music
- Q&A with me about my work
About the Author
Kella has been teaching others about mental health, disability, chronic illness, trauma, and Dissociative Identity Disorder through writing since 2016. She is the editor, publisher, and main writer for Yopp, a resource-hub dedicated to consolidating the do’s and don’ts of social justice. Her work has also been published in the Ms. Magazine blog, The BeZine, and Uttered Chaos. In her spare time, she loves creating digital art, engaging in lively conversations with her cat Rosa, and working to build a life together with the other alters in her system, who are the reason she is still here today.